Pregnancy Massage Therapy
A Happy Mother Makes a Happy Baby
Massage has been used for centuries in almost every culture to help women through pregnancy and promote faster recuperation from childbirth. Pregnancy has dramatic physiological and psychological effects and can be a very stressful time for many women. After giving birth, the new mother requires as much nurturing and support, as her newborn. Pregnancy massage therapy can help women and new mothers deal with the effects of the physical, hormonal and emotional changes caused by pregnancy and childbirth.
Regular massage can relieve many of the discomforts of pregnancy. During pregnancy, massage can:
• Help alleviate abdominal pressure, back, shoulder and abdominal pain, constipation, heartburn, headaches, leg cramps, sciatica and sinus congestion
• Increase blood circulation to all areas of the body, including the placenta, bringing nutrients and helping the body effectively remove waste products
• Increase red blood cell circulation, which reduces fatigue (especially in anemic women)
• Enhance lymphatic flow, which reduces swelling and can help control varicose veins
• Stabilize hormonal levels and reduce the severity of their side effects
• Promote deep relaxation and relief from insomnia
Postpartum Massage can also help women deal with the many effects of childbirth. After giving birth, massage can:
• Help alleviate the “postpartum blues”, caused by the sudden drop of hormonal levels
• Help women adjust to the demands and stress of motherhood, by speeding up the healing of muscles, ligaments and tissues after birth, offering relief from muscle soreness and fatigue; and help stimulate milk let down and relieve soreness (self-massage).
Each session is performed with the aid of special pillows to ensure ultimate comfort.
Ready to get started?
5950 S. Willow Dr. Ste 200
Greenwood Village, CO 80111